Thursday, April 19, 2018

memory - Persistent massive non-paged pool


Right, I've had to do this to remove a memory leak problem from the LAN driver + windows 8.1 which showed itself when I download things from steam.


Now I have played Alien: Isolation and had a very similar problem: the RAM usage sky-rockets and I have to quit before the PC becomes unusable. Even if I restart the non-paged pool remains at 4.3GB and so my usage remains at ~73%.


Firstly, how do I "reset" the non-paged pool?


Lastly, what is going on here?


This is a new build (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/lucidnonsense/saved/YPddnQ)


Memory stuff (after a restart):


8.0 GB DDR3
Speed: 1333 MHz
Slots used: 2 of 4
Form factor: DIMM
Hardware reserved: 139 MB
Available 1.9 GB
Cached 618 MB
Committed 6.5/9.7 GB
Paged pool 175 MB
Non-paged pool 4.3 GB
In use 5.8 GB

DXDIAG stuff (notice all the RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64 problems in the diagnostics below)


Edit: also the memory diagnostics tool turns up nothing though it does reset the memory


task manager screenshot


Answer



please take a look at the following.
There is explained how you can identify what is causing your memory leak.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff560135(v=vs.85).aspx


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...