Friday, April 27, 2018

linux - How to partition a hard drive but not delete it's content?

I want to install Xubuntu on my friend's computer. There is one hard drive but multiple partitions. She doesn't want to delete Windows 10, but she wants to devote a large part of her hard drive to Linux, and a little part to Windows.


So this is what we think we should do : keep the partition with Windows installed, give it some place on the hard drive (~50GB), and dedicate the rest to Xubuntu.


If I remember right, there is a main partition with about 900GB and 3 or 4 others with a few GB each. Is it possible to split this partition into 2 partitions but not delete what's on it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...