Thursday, April 19, 2018

laptop battery not getting charged

I have a pretty new (around 1 month old) Thinkpad x121e running Debian Wheezy (no Windows available).


This is what happens:


When I plug in the power cable I get a beep as I do when I unplug it (that for me is an indication that the laptop recognizes available power).


BUT it does not charge the battery. Only sometimes for a few secs I can see (via the Gnome-applet) that the battery is charged - but that does not last for more than maybe 30 secs.


So I now wonder if it is the battery that is faulty or some circuitry on the board - is there any way to track down the fault (I am currently on travel so I cannot try another power supply).


The laptop will run just on AC power, even with the battery removed. Does this mean the Mainboard is OK?




The laptop runs on AC when I remove the battery - does that mean the main board is ok?


All I can see at the moment is that according to the Gnome-applet the battery is not charged.


But earlier today I noticed that the battery way only half-full even as it was charging the whole night - so as far as I can tell from this night on I have problems with the battery not being charged properly.




Unfortunately I will be away from home for a week which means I do not have the details (customer-number etc) I would need to complain to the online-shop where I bought it.


Is there a way to skip the shop and complain directly to Lenonvo with just the serial-number?


I am from Germany and as far as I know there is an EU-law about a warranty period of at least 6 months...

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...