Tuesday, April 24, 2018

multiple monitors - Using ThinkPad Pro Dock with dual screen configuration



At my company we are using Lenovo laptop with a ThinkPad Pro Dock 90W. As specified in the documentation:





  • 1x DisplayPort 1.2 (Exclusive use with DVI-D)

  • 1x DVI-D (Exclusive use with DisplayPort)

  • 1x VGA



Which means that for a dual screen setup (identical DELL u2412Mb with 1920 / 1200) I need to connect one monitor to VGA (compulsary!) and one monitor to either DVI-D or DisplayPort. I am sure there is a low level hardware issue here, but this is irrelevant here.



My question is: I find the white color to be brighter on the monitor digitally connected (DVI-D) while white color is a little darker on the right side (monitor analog connected).




I did some extensive testing using also a DisplayPort to DVI adaptor. The monitor that has the brighter white is the one connected to DVI-D or the DisplayPort to DVI-P adaptor.



Is this an impression ? Should I do something with my DELL screen configuration ? Should I buy some kind of adaptors (DVI splitter?) ?


Answer



I finally found something that reduces the difference: I used: 'Preset Modes: Text' on both monitors. I now find the white color a little darker on both sides. If I move a white background window across both screen the difference is now invisible.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...