Tuesday, April 24, 2018

modern ui - Windows Metro Apps Minimize themselves when Launched


After installing the Microsoft January 2015 Patch Tuesday updates for Windows 8.1 Pro x64, I have noticed some strange behavior with my computer. For one thing, my task tray icons, which I am OCD about having in a particular order, have been rearranged, and rearranging back to the way I like them does not keep the settings after I restart or shut down. The second problem is that I am unable to open any Windows Metro app. Whenever I launch the app, the splash screen will appear and the app will immediately minimize itself and attempting to reopen the app window leads to it minimizing again. Below is a poor-quality GIF demonstrating the problem with the Windows Store, although this is an issue with every metro app I have installed on my computer.


Windows Store Crashes


Additionaly, the following Metro Apps are missing their icons:



  • Adobe Photoshop Express

  • Calendar

  • Calendar Tiles

  • Food & Drink

  • Games

  • Help + Tips

  • Mail

  • Maps

  • Minesweeper 3D

  • Money

  • Music

  • News

  • People

  • Skype

  • Sound Recorder

  • Sports

  • TeamViewer Touch

  • Travel

  • Video

  • VLC

  • Weather


I have tried using the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter to resolve the problem, and it does resolve the problem until I shut down or reboot, at which point the problem returns again. I have also tried resolving the problem using sfc /scannow, but this also did not warrant any results.


Update: I have found that if I restart the Explorer program in Task Manager, my task tray icons are organized the way I want them to be, and Metro apps work just fine. What is causing this?


Answer



I actually found solution and it worked for me.



  1. Open Registry Editor using regedit.exe.

  2. Right click on HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.

  3. Click on "Permissions" and in popup click on "Add".

  4. In 2nd Popup click on "Advanced".

  5. In 3rd Popus click on "Find Now".

  6. In "Search Results" click on "All Application Packages" and then click "Ok".

  7. Now in 2nd Popup "Select Users or Groups" click again "Ok".

  8. In Permissions select under Allow "Read" and Click "Ok".

  9. Close the Registry Editor. No need to restart.


Metro apps works again and never more minimize!


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...