Thursday, April 19, 2018

How can I format my USB sticks using Linux so that they work on Android?

How can I format my USB sticks using Linux so that they work on Android?


So I have been stuck on this now for a few hours. Strange issues.


I am trying to format two usb sticks (one has a removable SD card, the other one is a SanDisk Cruzer) as vfat, which as far as I know is the preferred filesystem for Android USB OTG usb sticks.


However, now Android cannot see them or mount them anymore which means they won't show up in storage.


I think I was able to successfully format them as vfat on the RPi just now but they still won't show up on the phone.


I could reformat them directly on the Android phone but they won't even show up so I cannot reformat either.


Any advice?


Computer: RPi3B
Mobile phone: Samsung Galaxy S5


Vesa

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...