Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Windows won't sleep

My Windows 8.1 PC suddenly decided it no longer wants to go to sleep. If I explicitly put it to sleep then it stays in sleep mode, but it doesn't obey the power plan setting to go to sleep after 30 minutes.




  • Power plan (in Power Options) is Balanced

  • powercfg /requests repots "none" for all categories


  • I've disabled streaming in Windows Media Player

  • Just to be sure, I've gone into Power Options > Power plan settings > Advance power options > Multimedia settings > When sharing media and selected Allow the computer to sleep



Any suggestions what else to fiddle with? Is there anything I can look for in Event Viewer that might shed some light on the problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...