Saturday, April 14, 2018

windows 7 - not a valid iso file error


I'm trying this windows 7 usb/dvd download tool that I discovered from ars technica:
http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2009/12/-the-usb-flash-drive.ars


But I don't know why my windows 7 iso file does not work and its saying that its not a valid iso file. What do I do, do you know of other tools that can burn / extract iso file contents to a flash drive?
Except the tool that is always showing up when you search in google, the command prompt one:
http://arstechnica.com/business/news/2009/12/-the-usb-flash-drive.ars/2
A free tool for windows xp or 7


Answer



You could try the Microsoft's Windows 7 USB/DVD Download Tool which is their tool for putting their ISOs onto a bootable USB stick.


I used it to install Windows 7, worked like a treat.


You can also get a decompresser like 7-Zip that will open ISO's, and should help you figure out if the ISO is corrupted.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...