Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Windows Update errors on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

I've recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 and there are more than 200 updates available, I let Windows Update download and install the updates but when the computer restarts, the logon (blue with logos) screen gets stuck more than five hours in the step 5 of 5 and it says "reverting changes". Finally when the update is "complete", only less of 20 updates were properly installed.


enter image description here


This happened two times (first time I got rid of waiting and used System Recovery), is a waste of time, I can't use my computer when Windows Update is working because svchost.exe and TrustedInstaller.exe uses more than 2 GB of system memory.


My system specs:



  • Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64 clean install

  • AMD Phenom X3 8400 at 2.1 GHz

  • 4 GB DDR2 RAM

  • ATI Radeon HD4550

  • 360 GB HDD with 250+ GB available


Edit:
After first trial, I've deleted SoftwareDistribution content, executed Windows Update troubleshooting package "WindowsUpdateDiagnostic.diagcab".

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...