Monday, April 30, 2018

windows - How do I run a JAR file without installing Java?


My question may seem odd but this is indeed what I need to do. For the first in the last (maybe) 10 years I have to run a JAR file in my computer. But I don't want to install 'the Java' (and all those things it adds into your system). How can I run that JAR file?


Answer



You have two options





  1. Use jPortable together with jPortable Launcher



    jPortable Launcher allows you to easily run Java JARs from your PortableApps.com-enabled device with the jPortable portable Java Runtime Environment installed.



    To use this, visit PortableApps.com and search for jPortable . A list of result should come up and then select the runtime environment and the launcher (links above). Then download both of them, and install per directions. A folder will be created where the downloaded files were run from. Inside one of them will be "JavaPortableLauncher.exe". If you launch it, you should be able to locate and open a jar file with the application.


    The Launcher



(or)



  1. Download and extract the Windows x86 tar.gz version and start your .JAR file from commmand line: start C:\Java\bin\javaw.exe -jar C:\myfolder\myprogram.jar


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...