Thursday, April 12, 2018

usb flash drive - Is it possible (...how?) to have a single bootabe USB with a choice of OS installs


Is it possible to have a single bootable USB key with several install images E.g. for Windows 7, 8 and 10, and be able to choose which of these installs to boot?
If so how to set this up on the USB key.
Clarification: I don't want to run different windows from the USB - I just want to run one of the different installers. I.e I want to boot from the USB and choose to install a particular flavor of windows.


Answer



Yes, it is possible, by using a tool that installs Grub or Syslinux on the USB.
This is because Windows by itself does not support it.


Here are some free products that can create a Multiboot USB :


WinSetupFromUSB


XBOOT


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...