Tuesday, April 10, 2018

troubleshooting - Dell Inspiron 14R 5420 intermittently fails to boot

I have a Dell laptop which sometimes boots and sometimes doesn't. When it boots, it works perfectly normal. However, when it doesn't boot, it doesn't show anything on screen, the light check goes on, the fan runs, and then it stops and nothing happens.




What I've tried so far:




  • Replaced CMOS Battery

  • Checked LCD Cable



System information





  • Dell Inspiron 14R 5420

  • Intel Core i5 processor

  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M graphics processor



The system dual-boots Windows 8 and Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.



What else should I try to fix this problem?
Also when its not booting it heats a lot.




PS: My laptop is out of warranty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...