Thursday, April 26, 2018

What is the use of this USB (mini-B) cable that has a forked connection?



What is the use of this USB (mini-B) cable that forks to a "black" and "red" connection:


USB (mini-B) cable that forks to a


The cable was included with some product. I'm pretty sure it was a camera (which I no longer have and never used). So, my guess was always that you could get faster transfer rate if both the red and black ends are plugged into the laptop. But that sounds crazy. Is that technically possible? If not, why have a forked connection?


Answer



Hard to tell from that pic, but it looks like it was for an external hard drive bay. Two USB-A plugs, one for data, one for more power, and mini-B to connect to the hard drive enclosure.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...