Wednesday, March 21, 2018

windows - Why my computer wakes up from the network card?

I've noticed my computer receiving a wake signal from my network. I am on a LAN with only few devices connected on it: printer, smart phones, nas, router + few other computers...



I checked the status of the last wake with power config:



C:\>powercfg /lastwake
Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]

Wake Source Count - 1
Wake Source [0]
Type: Device
Instance Path: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1503&SUBSYS_849C1043&REV_05\3&11583659&0&C8
Friendly Name:
Description: Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network Connection
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation


So I disallowed my network card to wake my computer.




My question is why do I receive wake signals from my network? What can be the origin?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...