Saturday, March 24, 2018

scanner - Windows 8's Fax and Scan doesn't recognize my HP 7310


When I had Windows 7 I successfully scanned documents with my 7310 AIO operating as scanner.


Now that I upgraded to Windows 8 Windows Fax and Scan doesn't detect any attached scanner.


I tried to uninstall the drivers and reinstall them (after downloading a version that claims to be compatible with Win 8) but the installation fails.


How can I fix this? Error message is "No scanner detected..."


If I use Control Panel's scanner and digital cameras function I am required to (manually) install a scanner driver which I don't currently have. Or at least the devices list doesn't show any HP device.


Answer



Have you gone to the HP website to look for Windows 8 drivers for your All in One? This page should be the correct one for the model that you listed. Just choose which version of Windows 8 that you have to get the correct driver.


I found the download page by searching for "HP 7310" in the Windows Compatibility Center which shows that the printer/scanner IS compatible with Windows 8 and gives the link to the driver download page.


Hope this helps,


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...