Saturday, March 24, 2018

boot - Recovering data from Dead Hard disk

My laptop is dual booted with Ubuntu 14 and Windows 10. When I booted up my System there was beep sound at the BIOS screen, taking to the service person said that the hard disk (Seagate 500GB) is dead. The recovery and the service charge was extremely expensive. So I had to look for an alternate way.



I used this EaseUs tool to make a bootable windows on my USB Pen drive and saw that I can see my Hard disk but it shows empty (500GB free). I was relieved slightly by assuring that it was not a Hardware issue.




My question is how to :




  1. Restore the OS and partitions as it was before.

  2. Recover files and folder structure from both the OS partition..

  3. If it is a problem with MBR, how to repair/fix it?

  4. I have also purchased SATA to USB3.0 Converter so I could use some tools to use my hard drive as slave and recover data.




Please suggest me a way or a tool which would help me get the data back.



Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...