Monday, March 12, 2018

windows 7 - Some keyboard keys stopped working when control pressed

All of a sudden, some keyboard shortcuts seem to have stopped working in applications. The two I'm noticing it for are Ctrl+K and Ctrl+W. This is happening across multiple applications which should support those hotkeys.


I've tried running Spy++ to monitor the Windows messages, and it looks as if when Ctrl is pressed, no keyboard events are being sent for the K key press. However, pressing K without Ctrl does work.


This seems to be happening for the W and K keys, and also Arrow right.


I've tried using Windows Hotkey Explorer, but there's nothing obvious registered in there.


Any ideas to what could have caused this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...