Tuesday, March 20, 2018

ubuntu - New MSI CX61 laptop keyboard keys are messed up

I spilled water on my MSI CX61's keyboard over a year ago and didn't do the right thing, i.e. turn off the laptop right away and dry it. As a result certain keys stopped working or started working improperly, but the rest worked fine.


Finally I bought and installed a new keyboard today (I used a USB keyboard in the meantime), it's a keyboard for MSI CR61, which seems to be totally identical and fits just fine (https://msi.com/news/detail/6D8DlklC6brwRZXFeAVLFvtoH479F0c-MlxaNvOrq7rEznSaKyelYa72MS8tQVywiidMKM1UuTiNcBpQOFw8Ag~~). Although, all the keys are completely messed up like there's a wrong mapping.


For example:



  • I press 'r' and get 'w'

  • I press 'w' and get 'b'

  • I press 'u' and get 'r'

  • I press 't' and get F1

  • I press backspace and get space


How can I fix this? Typed this with my USB keyboard which still works fine with all the keys doing what they are supposed to do. I'm on Ubuntu 17.10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...