Friday, March 9, 2018

memory - Adding more ram to computer, what kind can I buy

So I've been looking to add more ram to my PC (I have 2 empty slots), and I just want to make sure I don't buy something I can't use, but at the same time want to get a good deal if possible.


I read a resource which told me to get an identical stick of what my computer is currently using, and I could do that, but I wonder what exactly constitutes "identical". For instance, I realize since my motherboard takes DDR3 ram, I will need DDR3 ram, but what about mixing manufacturers?


Currently I have RAM from ADATA, PC3-12800 (800MHZ) is the max bandwidth. Do the sticks I buy have to be PC3-12800 (800MHZ) as well? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...