Thursday, March 22, 2018

windows 7 - Keyboard stopped functioning for no apparent reason

I was just typing in Firefox when my keyboard stopped working. I couldn't type in any program. After a reboot, however, my keyboard works fine.


Why would my keyboard spontaneously stop functioning? How could I determine the cause?


I do not have a wireless keyboard. I'm using only the embedded keyboard on my laptop.


Possible Windows 7 x64 issue? Or just a weird anomaly?


Note: If at all possible, I do not want to spend any money on taking it to a repair shop. It'd much rather have it fixed myself.


EDIT - 7/7/11: The function keys seem to be working. I can still toggle the backlight on my monitor with Fn + F8.


EDIT - 7/13/11: I have to use my wireless keyboard whenever my laptop keyboard stops functioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...