Saturday, March 31, 2018

unetbootin - Trying to boot a windows 8.1 ISO from usb

My hard drive randomly decided to stop booting my windows os so I downloaded a windows 8.1 ISO and installed it to my USB using Unetbootin. In my BIOS, launch csm is disabled as well as fast boot. My USB is formatted to fat32 with the unetbootin program.



What happens is when I try to boot from my USB, the windows flag will pop up with the spinning icon below it, and then a black screen forever.



I don't know how this screwed up so bad at this point. I have Ubuntu installed and I can still use that, but I'd like to get windows back if possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...