Friday, March 9, 2018

webpage - Software to help automate clipping/printing web page?

I'm a programmer who likes to find a lot of cool technical articles / blogs on the web, but only read them on printed papers.



While a lot of websites provide the "Print Article" link that nicely formats the web page, quite a few do not provide it (Stackoverflow doesn't even have one!)




So a lot of times, what I have to do is manually highlight of the main article, and copy/paste to Word.



Sometimes I just print directly to a PDF, and then print from that.



Anyway, is there a nice software that can integrate into Firefox that can nicely format the webpage so that it's printer-friendly?



I have tried using Evernote, where it stores the entire webpage to my note, and then I can hit print from there. However, Evernote does a poor job of formatting such that all text are displayed.



Basically this question is for those who are like me: like to read a lot, like to print out a lot of web article stuff, and have found the tool they can reliably use to print the page out (instead of the usual highlight/copy/paste to word method I've been using)




Oh just want to mention: i like to print out my pages like this: 2 pages per sheet, dual-sided.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...