Thursday, March 29, 2018

hard drive - Computer refuses to boot from any Windows live media?

I have a Dell Optiplex 760, which is currently running Ubuntu 14.04. I have been trying to install Windows 10 on my computer for days.


I have written the Windows 10 ISO (downloaded directly from the Microsoft website -- so definitely not corrupt) to a variety of media platforms: DVD, SD card, and USB flash drive. My computer refuses to boot from any Windows 10 live media I create, despite all of these devices being prioritized higher than my actual hard drive in the BIOS boot sequence settings.


Yet, when I try too boot from a live USB flash drive containing Ubuntu, it works perfectly.


If it is of any significance, my computer is currently in the AHCI boot mode, out of the following options:



  • AHCI

  • ATA

  • Legacy


So, can anyone help me to identify and address the issue here?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...