Saturday, March 17, 2018

macos - How to re-map command and option keys on Mac OS X with a PC-keyboard?



in my keyboard the command key is mapped to the windows key (I'm using a regular PC keyboard) so I only have a left command, because the space on the right is occupied by the useless Fn key.



I've used Ukelele and also edited keyboard mappings but that's for printable characters, doesn't actually allow you to map modifier keys on the keyboard.




Thanks!


Answer



The answer was as easy as this:




  • Click the Apple logo in the top left of your screen

  • Select "System Preferences"

  • Select "Keyboard"

  • Make sure the "Keyboard" "tab" is selected

  • Select the "Modifier Keys..." button in the bottom right of the window


  • Select keyboard: "USB Keyboard" (probably - if you're like me, you're trying to configure a keyboard that's plugged in to your laptop)

  • Switch the "Option" and "Command" values



enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...