Thursday, March 29, 2018

How do I create a shortcut to an application thats already running on the taskbar in windows 7?




If I have an application open on the taskbar in windows 7 whats the easiest way of creating a shortcut to that application?



I know that on the desktop you can do Create shortcut and then browse to the application but this seems long winded. Is there a quicker way when I have the app running already?



EDIT: Please note I am trying to create a shortcut somewhere OTHER than the taskbar. e.g. in the start up folder or on the desktop etc.


Answer



No



It's not supported by the taskbar API and it won't be possible without 3rd party support.




I tried CTRL+dragging a taskbar program and even tried dragging the right-click shortcut to no avail



But I'm sure John T will come to this topic and post some awesome AutoHotKey script that will create a shortcut to the app which Windows is focused on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...