Wednesday, March 21, 2018

windows 10 - High CPU usage due to Microsoft IME (Chinese)

I am running Windows 10 Professional on a 3-year old Thinkpad laptop, and the process named as Microsoft IME has been constantly consuming around 30% of my CPU. After looking up what IME means, it seems it is referring to the Input Method Editor. This process is running with high CPU consumption at all times, even when I am not using the Chinese input methods.


enter image description here


Is the IME related to input methods? To avoid this constant energy and CPU consumption, should I uninstall the Chinese input method? The input methods I have installed are as follows:


enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...