Saturday, March 24, 2018

troubleshooting - Building My First Computer And Suprise It Isn't Working

I've had many years of experience working on and around computers, but this was my first foray into building one completely from scratch. So far that foray has been a disaster.



My rig is completely assembled, and on its maiden power-up plus many power cycles I noticed three things:




  1. There were a few beeps from the BIOS POST upon powering up the first time, but I wasn't paying attention completely to the sequence. However, every time after that there are 0 POST beeps, even after taking off all hardware except the CPU and MB.


  2. There was no video being sent to the monitor. I run a HDMI cable from my video card to the monitor.



  3. The video card was LOUD. My card is a Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 which is known for not only being a powerhouse, but being pretty quiet. A few times during my power cycles it ran a lot quieter, but most of the time it was just super loud.




Can anyone provide help for any of these issues?



My MB, CPU, and Video Card are:



MB: ASUS P6X58D Premium LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
CPU: i7 920
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5870

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...