Sunday, March 25, 2018

windows 7 - Invalid pipe character in file name

I’m on Windows 7 Pro x64 and I’ve downloaded a file using Firefox and it’s named guerriére | warrior.PNG with a pipe character (|) in file name and I can’t find how to delete or rename it.


Running fsutil 8dot3name query K: shows; K: is a USB NTFS drive:



The volume state for Disable8dot3 is 0 (8dot3 name creation is enabled).
The registry state of NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation is 0 (Enable 8dot3 name creation on all volumes).
Based on the above two settings, 8dot3 name creation is enabled on K:.



But dir /x command doesn’t show short file names.


I've tried to use unlocker and DelinvFile.


Trying to delete it or the folder I receive response :



The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...