Monday, March 19, 2018

boot - Run Windows batch files at startup or when any user logs on

I have a server access where I want some batch files to run automatically for any user at startup.


The problem is:



  1. Other users are unable to run this file and it is required to be run as the user who created the file (Don't know why?, possibly because they don't have admin privileges)


  2. Even with runas they are prompted for a password. I dont have a problem sharing the password but don't know how the task will be automated.



I tried runas /savecred /user:Username "c:/xyz.bat" but it fails. The command runas works with /netonly but then it prompts for a password.


Is there some way I can get the batch script to run for any user?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...