Thursday, November 23, 2017

windows - Powershell script won't launch in task scheduler when running as my admin user



I have a task setup:




  • Run whether logged in or not

  • Run with highest privs

  • When running the task use the following account (my admin account)




Program / Script: %SystemRoot%\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe
Arguments: -ExecutionPolicy Bypass C:\Temp\test.ps1



test.ps1 contains:



Write-Host "Hello"


If I run this script as my normal user without run as highest privs, powershell launches and it works as expected.




When using the above settings though, it shows as running, then shows as completed with a result of 0x0 but powershell doesn't launch.



Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?



Note: I've tried setting the Start In to C:\Temp, I've tried various other arguments like noprofile nologo etc.


Answer



PowerShell is running in a different user-context since you run this task as a different user than you're currently logged in. That's why you don't see any PowerShell window.



To make sure that your script really runs, try creating a txt file in your script. if it gets created, your script runs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...