Tuesday, November 14, 2017

64 bit - Does Windows 7 64 bits work ok?


With vista and xp I always had problems installing their respective 64 bits versions, and always had to format and install them in 32 bits.


Problems like incompatibility with other programs, the system hangs, etc.


Tonight I will be installing windows 7 on my notebook, and I am faced with the choice again.


Has someone tried win 7 in 64 bits? Would you recommend it over the 32 bits version?


Answer



64 bit works fine.


If you have poor quality drivers, you'll have poor performance and stability. This has been true in Windows since the dawn of time.


Applications also work just fine - including plenty of games, too. We have about 6 computers here running 64 bit Windows 7, for work and play - all fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...