Monday, November 13, 2017

Problems when trying to boot windows 10 error 0xc000098 on GPT UEFI system

I am trying to fix a issue where my laptop will stay on the windows splash screen forever with the white dots spinning.


After searching a lot online and trying a lot of things I decided to rebuild my partitions. So I deleted all except the system partition. After that I followed the instructions from here:


How to restore windows 10 boot after Microsoft folder has been deleted from the EFI partition?


All performed without an error.


But when trying to reboot it I have the same problem. The endless splash screen. When I restart it will show error 0xc000001. When I then press f1 to go the recovery it show error 0xc000098.


I checked the GUID of the EFI partition and it had the correct ID.


Also checked the files inside the partition and those looked good as well.


I really am lost here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...