Tuesday, November 28, 2017

linux - mkfs.ext4 errors

I've just installed Kali Linux and am working with an img file I created from dd (/dev/zero). When I go to do mkfs.ext4 on it, I get



mkfs.ext4: Device size reported to be zero. Invalid partition specified, or
partition table wasn't reread after running fdisk, due to
a modified partition being busy and in use. You may need to reboot
to re-read your partition table.



I solved the above (made it too small). Still having the issue below



EXT4-fs (loop0): VFS: Can't find ext4 filesystem



To re-iterate, I get this when I try to mount any of the Kali Linux arm images. The desktop FS is ext4 according to gparted. Not sure what else the FS could be.


EDIT: I got it to mount on my mac via fuse. Though I'd still like to know how to do this via cmd. The single image mounts one msdos (vfat) and one ext4. How can I mount two at once out of the same image?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...