Saturday, November 25, 2017

Windows 7 freezes randomly






I have an install of Windows 7 that is a year and a half old. I never experienced any issues with it until the last few weeks. It started freezing from time to time. When I spend the whole evening on my computer, it may freeze 5 times or might not freeze at all, I can't find a pattern.


I read somewhere that it might be the latest updates, so I uninstalled everything since beginning of October (a bit before it started to happen.)
But it just happened again.


Event log and reliability are empty don't have any error in and I'm out of ideas on how to diagnose this.


Any thoughts?


Answer



have you done any ram upgrades recently? if you have test them out individually that should determine which ram is bad. Memtest is a good tool to use as suggested. Have you updated any drivers as well? sometimes drivers can conflict with other devices that may cause your machine to hang. But in most cause ram would be the best and easiest test. Software are a lot harder to find.


good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...