Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Excel VBA Right Function Error



I'm trying to automatically update the date range on the top of my report in Excel based on the date range from data I download from a text database. In the below listed macro I get a Run-time error '13': Type mismatch on PEndDt = Right(PaidDateRange, 8).



I think the Date variable, PEndDt, does not like getting a String. But I've assigned strings to Date variables in other macros! I don't now how to fix this. Help please.




Sub test()

Dim PEndDt As Date
Dim PaidDateRange As String

PaidDateRange = "PAID DATE 1/01/13 - 9/31/13"
PEndDt = Right(PaidDateRange, 8)
Range("A1") = "Report thru " & Format(PEndDt, "Long Date")


End Sub

Answer



The problem is in the string.



9/31/13 is not a valid date.



9/31/2013 is also not a valid date.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...