Friday, November 17, 2017

hard drive - Locked usb partition read only cannot format

I have an USB flash drive which is a gift from a company event. It was formatted into two partitions and one of it is locked to read-only. The company includes advertising documents in this partition. I would like to unlock it and return it into one good usb. I tried disk management utility, diskpart in cmd, but failed.



First I tried right-click format disk, and windows repond with "unable to complete the format".



Then I tried disk management utility but failed because of "write-protected usb".



Then I enter diskpart tried "clean", "create partition primary", "attributes disk clear readonly", "format FS=NTFS label=Data quick". "attribute disk" still tells me disk is in "read-only state" and "format" command failed due to media is write-protected.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...