Saturday, November 11, 2017

freeze - Windows 10 Technical Preview Install is Freezing



I'm trying to install the Windows 10 Technical Preview on my Acer 751h laptop. I've downloaded the iso and used rufus to create a bootable USB. When I choose "Install," and then "Custom," the install process starts, but freezes at 0% on "copying files." While it's frozen, I'm unable to move the mouse, and the hard drive activity light is on. Any help?



Answer



Solved.



I burned the install iso to the hard drive I wanted to install it on and booted from there. Windows 10 installed correctly.



Thanks to everyone who gave feedback, I guess it just doesn't like booting from usb...


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...