Tuesday, November 21, 2017

HP Pen drive not being detected in Windows after being made into bootable Ubuntu install drive


My HP250W 8gb USB pen drive is not detecting only on my Windows OS. But it is detecting on side-by-boot Ubuntu and also on other machines regardless of the OS. Other pen drives also detecting in my Windows. With these facts, I'm pretty sure that there is no complaints in my USB ports and the pen drive.


PS: It stopped detecting in Windows only after I used my pen drive as a bootable Ubuntu installer.


I smell there is something wrong with registry. But couldn't say for sure.


Answer



Look at the device manager (Start, "device manager") and see if the drive shows up there in windows. If it does, you should be able to reinstall the driver and reformat it if necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...