Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Tried every option I can find, still can't make files not 'read-only' after windows 10 update

Recently update a computer to windows 10 and started getting an error from a program (solidworks) that boiled down to not having the permissions needed for a folder.


Issue is even if I open properties and uncheck read only it's checked again if I look again.


I've tried moving the folder to a different location on the computer, issue still stands.


I'm logged in as Admin, gone through properties, security, etc and ensured I have Full control for everything to do with it.


Tried 'attrib -r +s C:\drive' in cmd run as admin, no change.


I've been trying every option I can find, anyone have any other ideas or thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...