Sunday, November 12, 2017

Kali Linux 2017 W7 First boot black screen with cursor

After installing Kali Linux 2017 W7 successfully from a usb, I restart my computer and boot into the hard drive. All I see is a black screen with a cursor blinking in the top left. I've tried mounting the image to my usb using Rufus (both ISO and DD) and win32 disk imager. Why am I booting into a black screen with a cursor?


May be Relevant:
I have windows installed on a different hard drive.
I did not put GRUB on the master boot record, I chose to put it on the hard drive that I installed Kali linux on.


Specs:



  • Motherboard: Asus sabertooth z77

  • Graphics card: 2x GTX 780

  • 2 Monitors

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...