Sunday, November 12, 2017

Windows 8 Can't find executable in path with "where" command


I added the following line in my System Variable Path


"C:\Program Files (x86)\FontForgeBuilds\bin"

I can then run fontforge:


C:\Windows\system32>fontforge -v
Copyright (c) 2000-2014 by George Williams. See AUTHORS for Contributors.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
with many parts BSD . Please read LICENSE.
Based on sources from 09:48 AWST 3-Apr-2015-ML-TtfDb-D.
Based on source from git with hash: 902919cffeaca88f94e2b777f76274ba5d5636ed
no xdefs_filename!
TESTING: getPixmapDir:C:/Program Files (x86)/FontForgeBuilds/share/fontforge/pixmaps
TESTING: getShareDir:C:/Program Files (x86)/FontForgeBuilds/share/fontforge
TESTING: GResourceProgramDir:C:/Program Files (x86)/FontForgeBuilds/bin
trying default theme:C:/Program Files (x86)/FontForgeBuilds/share/fontforge/pixmaps/resources
fontforge 09:48 AWST 3-Apr-2015
libfontforge 20150403

But I need to be able to run where fontforge from a script. This produces:


C:\Windows\system32>where fontforge
INFO: Could not find files for the given pattern(s).

Why can't where find the executable path when I have it added to the environment variables?


Answer



I don't know why it didn't work, but I re-installed fontforge to a different directory (with no spaces) and it seems to work now.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...