Thursday, October 19, 2017

windows 8.1 - Consistent 100% disk access

I am a developer and on my work laptop it is entirely normal for my disk activity as shown by Task Manager to be 100%. With an average response between 7k-10k ms. This is under relatively simple load.


My machine is a dell Latitude E5430, with 8 gb of RAM 2x4gb sticks and a ST10001LMo14 highbrid ssd/normal drive. This is running Win 8.1.


The machine can be extremely sluggish even when operating at approx 20-40% CPU usage.


Does anyone have suggestions of things I could do to possibly help get past what appears to be an IO bottle neck.


Info from Crystal Disk


enter image description here


Info from Crystal Disk Marks


enter image description here

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...