Friday, October 27, 2017

windows 7 - How do I preserve my internal HDD?

I have a Desktop computer, which I booted up after 5-6 months.



While using ir, updating Anti-Virus and other software. Voidtool's Everything.exe reported that there's some indexing problem in a folder, I was busy so I just OKed it.



Later I discovered that folder was reduced to 0 byte file. The system has 2 internal HDDs





  • 250GB for 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate OS

  • 1TB for media and important stuff



My questions:




  1. I will be leaving for a long time again, what can I do to stop this aging process?

  2. Is it advisable to physically remove the 1TB HDD (until I can buy an Ex-HDD), if so what precautions should I take in storing it?







P.S. My home is kept clean, and no power outages are experienced

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...