Saturday, October 28, 2017

windows 10 - Disabling "System and compressed memory" (ntoskrnl.exe)



I am very exhausted by this. This program is destroying my computer. I have an ASUS G750 series laptop, which has 16gbs of RAM and a haswell i7 inside it. It is just a year old. I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to 10 in august of 2015, and have used it without too much problems for months. Then a couple of weeks ago this happened. My computer is constantly lagging, audio is glitching when I play music or video, games lag too. First I thought it is because of a bad habit I have, which is never turning off my computer. I always hibernate(sleep) it, or just leave it open for long amounts of time. I restart it once in a week or so. I usually have too many tabs open in chrome, so I am either too lazy to check all of them or they are just too important to be closed at the moment. Anyway. Yesterday I managed to finish all my work and close all the tabs, then restarted my computer. After the boot I went to youtube and started playing a video, then the audio and video glitched again. I opened the task manager and saw "System and compressed memory" on top of the list. I guess whenever I do something tasking on the CPU, it starts to work. I have observed a pattern in its behaviour. It is like a parrot. I performed a scan with my antivirus today, while keeping task manager open and and the update rate set to high. I saw that its disk usage is in synch with antivirus, just 1 second behind. This happens with everything else. It copies the behavior of the program that uses the most resources. I am too worried that it will wear out my beloved SSD, besides the lag and stuff. I have tried lots of ways to turn it off, disable it, or delete it through registry and services, but no avail. From what I have learned through forums, this process tries to compress what is in my memory. At the peak point of my memory usage (which is when I play GTA V) I use 8-9gbs of RAM, and that is just a few hours of gameplay, most of the time it sits at 6gbs max (and that is just because of the amount of tabs open in Chrome). So, where is the need here for the compression ? The hell, let it use all 16gbs, I want it. But no, as soon as I do something - anything at all - it starts riding my computer like a horse. So I am asking, please, someone help me. Is there ANY way, to end this program's existence, while keeping my OS ? Thanks in advance.


Answer



When analyzing the file, I can see that the CPU usage comes from the driver ignis.sys, which is part of Bitdefender AV suite



Line #, DPC/ISR, Process, Stack Tag, Stack, Count, TimeStamp, % Weight
50, , , , | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |- tcpip.sys!TcpTcbReceive, 37859, , 11,86
51, , , , | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |- tcpip.sys!InetInspectReceiveTcpDatagram, 37713, , 11,82

52, , , , | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |- tcpip.sys!WfpTlShimInspectRecvTcpDatagram, 37709, , 11,82
53, , , , | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |- NETIO.SYS!KfdClassify, 37684, , 11,81
54, , , , | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |- NETIO.SYS!ArbitrateAndEnforce, 37675, , 11,80
55, , , , | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |- NETIO.SYS!ProcessCallout, 37666, , 11,80
56, , , , | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |- ignis.sys!?, 37660, , 11,80
57, , , , | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |- ignis.sys!?, 37655, , 11,80
58, , , , | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |- ignis.sys!?, 35814, , 11,22
59, , , , | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |- ignis.sys!?, 30047, , 9,42



enter image description here



Update or remove Bitdefender.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...