Wednesday, October 18, 2017

boot - Windows installer creates system partition on another drive

I have a Fujitsu Lifebook U772 which has a 40GB SSD drive and a 300GB HDD.


I decided to reinstall Windows on it. When the installer came to the step to select the installation drive I selected the HDD.


Then the computer didn't boot. I went to try and reinstall Windows when I saw it: The install had created the System partition (with the bootloader) on the SSD.


Now, for some reason the computer doesn't detect the SSD as a boot device.


I already tried creating the System partition manually and making the SSD an ext3 partition (which the installer deleted and created a system one).


How can I make the installer force the system partition on the HDD?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...