Saturday, October 21, 2017

windows 7 - Task Scheduler Not Waking PC Extended hours of Sleep

I have configured Tasks Scheduler to wake up Windows/PC at certain times; however, the computer does not wake up after extended hours of sleep.



If I change the trigger configuration time to:




  • Sleep at: 7AM and


  • Wake Up at 7:15AM



and manually put the computer to sleep, it works, but it does not work if I set it as follows:




  • Sleep at 1:00AM and

  • Wake up at 7:00AM




and let the computer sleep on its own.



Similarly, when I manually put the computer to sleep by doing Start-->Shutdown-->Sleep, the process works, but it does not work if the computer sleeps on its own. There are no Hibernate Options. The computer is on a domain.



Here is my configuration:



Advance Sleep Settings:




  • Sleep: Never


  • Wake Up timers: On



General Settings:




  • Run with Highest Privileges

  • Run weather user is logged on or not




Triggers:




  • Daily, wake up at 7AM

  • Daily, Sleep at 1AM



Action:





  • For Wake up: Run program: cmd.exe

  • Optional Argument: /C"exit"

  • For Sleep: Run program: Rundll32.exe Powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Sleep
    (This is in a bat file.)



Condition:




  • Wake the computer to run this task




Lastly, I also installed WakeUpOnStandBy as a back-up, but it too does not work, same as Task Scheduler.



I'm not sure what else to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...