Saturday, October 14, 2017

Automatically start task when computer is locked in Windows 7 Home Edition

I found a tutorial on how to start a task automatically when my computer locks, which required that I use secpol.msc. Unfortunately, this utility is unavailable in Windows 7 Home edition. I went to this link to determine how to access this task by editing the registry, and found this entry: Audit Policy security settings are not registry keys.


I'm trying to use task scheduler to accomplish this automation, but I am open to alternatives.


tl;dr: I tried some things, but automatically starting tasks on custom event firings is not possible using task scheduler in Windows 7 Home Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...