Friday, October 13, 2017

partitioning - How do I identify the file system used on a partition?




Let's say I have a disk which has undergone corruption and I can't boot it anymore.



How can I identify out the file system that has been used for the disk partition in an easy way?


Answer



On a Linux system you could use Gpart to scan your disc and guess your partitions.



A live CD version that contains this tool can be found here.



You could download one of the many Linux Rescue ISO images, burn it to a CD, and boot from it. It surely will have this tool or another similar one, better check before downloading.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...