Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Windows 8 Pro 64 bit RTM install error

I am trying to install windows 8 pro RTM 64 bit edition on my machine. However, I get this error once it is past "getting devices ready 75%" and then this error. I am installing it via USB flash drive, getting same error even with multiple USB flash drives.


Error image:


enter image description here


I can confirm that the ISO is not corrupt. I can run the setup perfectly fine in VirtualBox. I even used same ISO for installation on my laptop and it worked great. Finally i have reverted back to windows 7. :(


System config: http://pastebin.com/jGkS5fyb (using pastebin as this is the detailed system config)


 [Current Computer]
Computer Name:
[Operating System]
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) Build 7600
Central Processor(s) ------------------------------------------------------
[CPU Unit Count]
Number Of Processor Packages (Physical): 1
Number Of Processors Cores: 4
Number Of Logical Processors: 4
Intel Core i5-2400 --------------------------------------------------------
[General Information]
Processor Name: Intel Core i5-2400
Original Processor Frequency: 3100.0 MHz
Original Processor Frequency [MHz]: 3100
CPU ID: 000206A7
CPU Brand Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...