Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Move my windows 2003 vps server to my own location

I am paying for a company to host my VPS. It's windows 2003 standard server. I'd like to host it myself at my office now that my internet account has been vastly upgraded.


Is there any way that from within the windows install that I can create a clone of the system and download it to my server. My host does not offer this type of feature/service.


I am running VirtualBox on my office server for a few other virtual machines and would love to add this paid one to the mix.


I have heard of people using ssh and tar'ing their Linux servers...but will that work if I install Cygwin on the win 2003 server?

No comments:

Post a Comment

hard drive - Leaving bad sectors in unformatted partition?

Laptop was acting really weird, and copy and seek times were really slow, so I decided to scan the hard drive surface. I have a couple hundr...